Photo credit: Photo credit: www.1000rezepte.de
For 4 people | 2 Min. preparation & 1 Min. cooking time
500 g wheat flour
1/8 l water
1 tsp salt
250 g Emmental
4 tablespoons Brändle vita butter flavored rapeseed oil
- Put flour, eggs, water, salt and a pinch of nutmeg in a bowl and mix until a viscous dough. Let rest briefly.
- Meanwhile, place salted water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Transfer the dough in portions to a dampened spaetzle board and shave into the boiling water (or fill portions into a special spaetzle shovel and shave into the boiling water). Stir while doing this so that the spaetzle do not stick together. Remove the spaetzle that have risen to the top with a slotted spoon, drain and place in a bowl.
- When all spaetzle are cooked, drain again in a colander.
- In the meantime grate the Emmentaler. Butter an ovenproof dish and fill it layer by layer with spaetzle and Emmentaler. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 220 °C for 10-15 minutes so that the cheese melts nicely.
- Meanwhile, peel the onions, cut them into rings and fry them in hot canola oil with butter flavoring until golden brown.
- Serve spaetzle with plenty of onions. This tastes good with a green salad.
903.0 kcal(3778. 0 kJ) I 41.0 g protein I 41.6 g fat I 91.1 g carbohydrates